- 1 package pasta of your choice
- 5-6 home roasted red peppers or 1 jar, drained and chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 200 gr feta cheese crumbled
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Once cooked, drain the pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to keep it from sticking. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until starting to soften.
- Add the chopped red peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the contents of the skillet
to a food processor or blender. Puree the pepper mixture until totally blended.
Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat and pour the pepper puree back into the skillet.
Add the broth, salt, and pepper, and stir. Not too many salt because feta cheese is salty.
Splash in the cream and stir to combine.
Simmer on low heat until thickened. Once the sauce has simmered, remove skillet from heat, add the crumbled feta, and stir to combine.
Add the cooked pasta directly into the sauce and gently fold the pasta with the sauce. Garnish with the chopped parsley.
Serve in bowls with extra Parmesan and a sprinkling of parsley on top.